Not So Heroic
This shield is decorated with a lion's head with eight spider legs extending outwards from it.
This is one of the last remnants of an ancient, extinct cult to a demon known as the Lion-Spider.
- Bite: Once per encounter the lion head may be commanded to bite, attacking as a weapon that deals 2d6 damage per level.
- Skitter: When not being worn, the shield extends its spidery legs and may amble about. The shield takes a move that does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
- Spider Climb (Daily): Lasts for one encounter.
- The wearer’s movement is unaffected by magical webs or the webs of giant spiders.
- Quirk: The character’s personality shifts to become more duplicitous and predatory.
- Domination: If the character becomes dominated by the Shield (as a result of carrying too many items), the ancient faith reawakens inside the bearer and he or she sets out to found a new cult to the Lion-Spider.
- Bonding: To bond with this item, the character must slay a helpless creature.